When I need to make cornbread from scratch, this is a sweet recipe.
Preheat oven: 400°F
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cups allpurpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a bowl, combine corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and honey until well blended.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
Corn Bread: Pour batter into 8×8 greased pan. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Corn Muffins: Pour batter in greased or lined muffin tins. Bake for 13-17 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.