When I need to make cornbread from scratch, this is a sweet recipe.
Preheat oven: 400°F
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cups allpurpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a bowl, combine corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and honey until well blended.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
Corn Bread: Pour batter into 8×8 greased pan. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Corn Muffins: Pour batter in greased or lined muffin tins. Bake for 13-17 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
Everyone needs a classic coffee cake recipe. I’ve taken the liberty of doubling the streusel topping, you’ll thank me for it. Simple to make and leaves your house smelling really good on Sunday morning.
Bisquick Coffee Cake: Betty Crocker
Heat oven to 375°F.
* Cinnamon Streusel (below)
* 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
* 2/3 cup milk or water
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 egg
# Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round pan. Make Cinnamon Streusel; reserve.
# Stir remaining ingredients until blended.
# Mix in a 1/4 of the Streusel topping and spread in pan. Cover with Cinnamon Streusel.
# Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown, testing with a toothpick.
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
* 2/3 cup Original Bisquick® mix
* 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 4 tablespoons butter (firm)
Mix all ingredients in small bowl until crumbly. Cutting them with a knife and fork helps separate the butter.