* 1 head of Romaine
* 1/3 cup of olive oil with about 3 cloves of garlic pressed into it (or cut, or whatever)
* 3 tbsp of regular red vinegar
* Lots of Worcester sauce (probably about 5-6 healthy shakes of the bottle)
* 1 lemon, cut in half and squeezed into the salad
* Parmasean cheese
Everything can go in all at once, though I basically put it in in the order I wrote it out for you. I wait and put the cheese on last minute so it doesn’t get super soggy. And yes, it goes very well with lasagna — any Italian food, actually.
Great summer salad, or if you have a good grocery store, great anytime salad.
Strawberry ~ Avocado Salad: Intercourses Cookbook
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup rasberry balsalmic vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 head romaine, torn into bite-sized pieces
* 1/2 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
* 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and quartered
* 1/2 cup sliced red onion (about 1/2 small onion)
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
* 1/2 avocado, sliced
# Combine the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a jar. Shake well and refrigerate for 2 hours.
# Combine the romaine, oranges, strawberries, onion, pecans, and avocado in a large bowl.
# Toss with half the dressing; toss well. Serve with the remaining dressing.